It’s finally Memorial Day weekend! The beginning of summer and the first three day weekend to kick off the hot weather. What better way to celebrate than to pack up and take off for a day or two. With traffic being in full beast mode this weekend, here are ten places that aren’t too far away from Los Angeles.
- Big Bear Lake : The gorgeous views from swimming in the lake to cooler hiking in the mountains. Big bear is a hop and skip away from the big city lights. Make sure to pack bug spray and a swimsuit!
2. Ojai, CA: With a little more than a hour drive time, Ojai is spiritual hippie’s paradise. Have some wine, explore an olive tree farm or hike to meditation mountain to get a little grounded.
3. Santa Barbara: Because who doesn’t love wine and ocean views? Two hours and you’re in paradise. Or as I like to call it, wineadise.
4. Joshua Tree National Park: Camping under the stars, hiking in a cactus garden, experiencing true solitude. Sounds like just the relaxing weekend you need.
5. San Diego: The closest thing to Mexico. Eat some tacos, visit the zoo or just chill at the beach all day. This your vacation after all.
6. Pyramid Lake: Literally about one hour up I-5 you hit the Angeles National Forest and this gorgeous aqueduct that you CAN swim in. Or boat, paddleboard, fish, etc.
7. Catalina Island: A short ferry ride and you’re there! Check out my awesome day trip I took there!
8. Fort Tejon: If you’re into History, this is the place. They even do civil war reenactments!
9. Palm Springs: Wouldn’t be a weekend list without Palm Springs. Vacation like the Hollywood elite in this popular weekend spot. Hit up a hot spring or catch some zzz’s by the pool.
What are you favorite places to getaway for the weekend?