It’s Summertime! And that means travel time! Last week, I asked Facebook to help me out with blog post ideas and it was mentioned that packing for weekend trips was hard. Well, I feel ya there. Depending on what the weekend is for, there are so many outfits (and shoes!) you could be packing.
I used to be just like that, but after a few years of always being on the move, I’ve learned how to pack quickly, efficiently and all while still looking vacation ready. I gave the extra title to this post as summer edition, because every season will have different clothes you should be packing due to a little thing called weather. I’ll be following up with Fall, Winter and Spring as those seasons gracefully arrive.
Fact: I packed for our five month trip in less than two hours yesterday!
For now, here’s what I pack in a summer weekender!
From Top Left:
- Sun Hat
- Flip Flops
- Walking Shoes
- Small Purse – for walking and touristing
- 3 dresses – for nights out
- Kindle paper white – beach reading (get one here, you won’t regret it!)
- Swimsuit & cover up
- Light Sweater
- Two pairs of shorts – jean shorts can be re-worn if needed
- 2 shirts – that match those shorts
- one nice shirt – that can go with shorts as well
- Toiletries – in a nice TSA approved bag
- Two Bras – one black, one white, make sure to have a strapless.
This weekender is geared towards a more city or water oriented vacation. If you were headed to the mountains or camping, the clothes would be very different. If someone is interested in how I pack for very specific weekends, comment below or shoot me an email! I’m happy to share my secrets!
Be sure to check out what I pack in my carry-on for trips that require checked luggage!